Skip to content
Westpac Banking Corp
Westpac has 5 customer facing divisions serving around 13 million customers. The operating structure aligns Westpac’s business with key customer segments. Under this structure, the Group retains a unique portfolio of brands including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS. These brands operate under the Consumer Bank and Business Bank divisions.
The Group’s 5 key divisions are:
- Consumer Bank is responsible for sales and customer service of our consumer customers in Australia under the Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS brands.
- Business Bank is responsible for sales and customer service of our small-to-medium enterprise, commercial and agribusiness customers under the Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA brands. The division also supports specialist expertise in asset and equipment finance.
- BT Financial Group Australia (BTFG) is Westpac’s Australian wealth and insurance business. BTFG is responsible for funds management, the manufacturing and distribution of investment, superannuation and retirement products, wealth administration platforms, private banking, financial planning, margin lending and broking. Insurance solutions includes life, general and lenders mortgage insurance.
- Westpac Institutional Bank (WIB) delivers a broad range of financial services to commercial, corporate, institutional and government customers with connections to Australia and New Zealand. Customers are supported through branches and subsidiaries located in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Westpac New Zealand is responsible for sales and service of banking, wealth, and insurance products for consumer, business and institutional customers across New Zealand. Banking products are provided under the Westpac and WIB brands, while insurance and wealth products are provided under Westpac Life and BT brands respectively.
Other business divisions in the Group comprise:
- Customer and Business Services – encompasses banking operations, customer contact centres, product, marketing, compliance, legal and property services.
- Group Technology – comprises functions responsible for technology strategy and architecture, infrastructure and operations, and applications development.
- Treasury – which is primarily focused on the management of the Group’s balance sheet including interest rate risk, funding and capital.
- Core Support – which comprises those functions performed centrally, including finance, risk and human resources.