This three week course is for retail workers in all settings and covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19.
This skill set offers nationally recognised training to frontline workers in the retail and related industries to support the re-opening of customer facing business.
This course will provide Retail Business Managers and staff with the knowledge and skills required to open and provide safe premises, with appropriate infection control cleaning and other practices in the context of COVID-19.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY:
SIRCINF001 Use pharmacy practices for infection control
COURSE OUTCOMES INCLUDING:
Participants will learn a range of skills, including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission